Friday, March 7, 2008

Tiff's Home for Spring Break!

Tiffany made it home today for her week long Spring Break. Her day began early as she had to catch the 5:30 a.m. train (The City of New Orleans) from Mattoon to Chicago. Thanks to Greg for getting her to the train station and seeing her off. Once in Chicago, she had to go from Union Station to Clinton Street station to catch the CTA train to O'Hare airport. She called me while still on the train to Chicago and said, "I'm leaving from O'Hare, right?" I told her that was right. She has flown out of Midway a couple of times. In that case she has to catch a different train once she gets to Chicago. I should have realized then that she hadn't checked her travel plans too closely before she left. Once she got to the airport, she called and said they were having trouble pulling up her itinerary at American Airlines. (I had told her she was flying American. That means I hadn't checked too closely, either. I was mainly looking at the flight times and flight number when we were talking on the phone last night. Duh. I didn't really look at the airline.) When I checked my copy of her itinerary on the computer, I saw that she was flying Delta instead of American. No wonder. But we finally got it all straightened out and she got checked in with Delta. She said she'd print out her itinerary next time. (When you order your tickets a few months in advance it's hard to remember the details unless you print them off or check everything right before you leave.) Then, once she landed in Salt Lake, she started looking for me and couldn't find me. I had been looking for her, as well. She called me but I didn't hear my phone, so I didn't answer. About 10 minutes after I knew she should have arrived, I looked at my phone and saw I had two missed calls from her. I called her and asked where she was. Come to find out, she was in Terminal One and I was in Terminal Two. That's funny. Terminal Two is where Delta flights come in, but she said she just went to the terminal nearest the gate where she arrived. But we finally got together after a few miscues. Thank goodness for cell phones.

On the way home, we stopped by the Barretts. Steven was there watching the girls while Nate and Lindy went to see Vantage Point. He had agreed to stop by there after dropping Richard off so that Nate and Lindy could leave for the movie. I didn't think Tiff and I could make it in time for them to leave, and I was right. So we met up with Steven and the girls at the Barretts, then we all came over here for the big sleepover. Even Sidney came; but only for dinner and fun, not to sleep over. We had a delicious dinner of Uncle Kevin beans and spaghettios. Sidney loved it so much she had three helpings of each. Camden and Riley enjoyed theirs, too. Then we had mini chocolate chip cookies for dessert. The girls had fun visiting and playing with Tiff and Grampa while Gramma cleaned up. Lindy and Nate came by and picked up Sidney, who was getting pretty tired by this time. After the girls brushed their teeth and had prayers, they watched some Hairspray with Tiff and Gramma before going to bed. They were so tired, and so was Tiffany. I hope they're able to have a good sleep.

2 comments:

Lindy said...

we hope you all have a good sleep too! thanks for letting them come over for a fun time--they were so excited. Camden said this morning, "It's a beautiful day for a sleepover!"

Sarah said...

What a fun sleepover!!! Wish we were there for the party! Glad Tiff arrived home safely!