Monday, April 7, 2008

Conference Bowl

I had planned to go to St. George today to be there for Grandma FT's birthday tomorrow, but the weather turned out to be stormy, so I'll wait until Friday to go down. The weather is supposed to be better by then. When I called Mom to tell her I wasn't coming, she said she'd rather be disappointed than worried about me driving down there in bad weather.

So I continued on today with my project of trying to get things cleaned out a bit and organized before Sarah, Joel and Eliza come this month to stay for the summer, followed by Tiffany next month. We should actually all be able to get along fine here together, I just need to have things somewhat more organized and cleared out than they have been. I got the kitchen counter cleared off of the things that have been on there for a few years and put out my new organizer which I've had for about three years just waiting for the right time to break it out. The counter looks much better now. Slowly but surely I'm getting stuff done. That's one reason I've been so slow posting on my blog this week.

Tonight for FHE we had our semi-annual Conference Bowl, and we did it differently this year. Steven did the questions and I got to try to answer along with Richard. It was pretty scary for me because I'm used to putting everyone else on the spot. And it is kind of funny because when you're on the receiving end of the questions, you can remember the talk but you can't quite remember who it was that gave it. I only missed two, however; I got Elder Eyring's and Elder Holland's talks mixed up. Richard got them all correct. Way to go Richard! For our treat we finished off the orange floats and then we watched the NCAA championship game. We were all hoping Memphis would win, but Kansas beat them in overtime. It's too bad because Memphis could have won in regulation time, but they missed their free throws. I bet that guy is mad at himself! As far as the family contest went: I won guessing the overall outcome and Richard won the round-by-round. We beat Dad out again.

No comments: