Last night (Saturday) was the F Family Christmas party at the clubhouse at Dennis'. It was especially fun this year because Mom and Dick were able to come. It started at 4:30, and I drove up with Tiffany, Camden and Riley. On the way, we came to some construction and I said, "Oh. Oh." When Camden in the back seat heard me say that, she said, "What? What?" I think she was a little worried after being with me when we got stuck at the Ahlanders a few days ago. Lindy was sick, so Nate and Sidney stayed home with her. Richard was still working at the temple, so Steven waited to pick him up at 5:00 and they came later. Our food assignment was rolls (from Shirley's) and two dishes of potatoes. Lindy sent along the cream cheese with chilli sauce and crackers appetizer and some carrots and dip. Scott and Paige brought another dish of potatoes, Dennis and Relva brought the jello salad and condiments, Karalie and Scott did the ham, Danielle made her pasta salad, Elisa was in charge of the paper goods, and Kevin and Wendy brought the peppermint ice cream and cookies for dessert. We kind of have our menu down pat by now. It was nice that Christopher could be there with his kids this year. I was pretty occupied keeping Camden and Riley fed and entertained, so it seemed like I didn't visit much; but I think everyone had a good time. Steven and Richard made it there around 6:00. Richard especially liked the shrimp and cocktail sauce appetizer (left over from Kara's B day party), which I forgot to mention earlier. All in all, it was a good party. Mom said she couldn't believe that she was really there.
Today Tiffany and I went to Relief Society at the MTC. Sis. Bird, wife of a former MTC district president, gave the lesson on Joseph Smith, which was appropriate since today is his birthday. After R.S. we went over to Susan Black's for a visit. It was fun to see her, and she was glad to see Tiffany. She said this has been a slow year for her because she has only had four books published this year. She and Harvey were busy preparing dinner for the missionaries, so we didn't stay too long. Susan gave Tiffany a copy of her latest book in the "Son of Man" series for a Christmas gift. That was nice of her. Tiffany said maybe she'll be able to give copies of her Zion book next year. Let's hope.
After we left Susan's, we returned to the MTC for lunch in the cafeteria, then we went to sacrament meeting with Steven in his branch. Tiffany enjoyed meeting the missionaries, especially my friends, Elders Skinner and Tadd. She thought it was quite funny how Elder Tadd likes to give hugs instead of shaking hands (only to the other elders and branch presidency members, of course; not to us).
After the MTC we came home and got ready for Sunday dinner. We had pot roast tonight, and it was quite good if I do say so myself. Lindy and Nate and the girls came, so that was fun. The little girls are thrilled to have Tiffany here to play with. So, all in all, it was a good, busy, fun day.
No comments:
Post a Comment