Miracles, lessons, and gifts can be found in all sorts of places. --Christine Miller
Saturday, December 15, 2007
Happy Birthday Sidney!
Today is Sidney's #1 birthday. To celebrate, Steven, Tiff and I went over to the Barrett's "Ginger House" for a party. Grandpa and Grandma Barrett were there, as well. Uncle Richard couldn't attend because he was working the later shift at the temple today (4-9). But those of us who were there, along with Nate, Lindy, Camden, Riley and Birthday Girl Sidney, had a great time. Lindy had the house decorated in gingerbread fashion, complete with gingerbread smell. It was like we were right inside a real gingerbread house. Sidney wasn't quite sure what was going on, but she liked being the center of attention. For dinner we had salad and chicken pot pie. Yum. Sidney surely loved chowing down on her pie. Camden and Riley were excited about all the presents, which they helped Sidney open after dinner. She got lots of things from the grandparents, parents, sisters, and aunts and uncles. Auntie Sarah and Uncle Joel and Eliza sent a cute outfit all the way from South Carolina. When Sidney opened the present from Uncle Rich, someone said, "It's from Uncle Rich." Riley piped up, "I love Uncle Rich." They missed having him there for the party; Sarah, Joel and Eliza, as well. But Tiffany got to be there for a change. After presents it was time for Sidney's gingerbread cake (actually applesauce cake in the shape of a gingerbread girl). She got to dig in with her hands and enjoy the frosting and cake. At first she wondered if she was actually being allowed to do it. After cake, it was off to bed for the tired birthday girl. But she never got cranky or cross. She was happy the whole time and having fun. We're glad we got to join in the #1 birthday festivities.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a fun party! We wish we had been there! I think Lindy will need to come here to throw Eliza's party in March---she thinks up the most creative and cute party ideas!!
Thanks for coming to the Ginger-baby party! I think Sidney had lots of fun--we wore her out! Thank you everyone for the fun presents. The girls (particularly Camden and Riley) have had lots of fun today playing with all the new toys :) And Sidney loves trying on all her new outfits by putting them on top of her head. A fun day!
I guess I had fun since I wrote "fun" four times. Gosh!
Post a Comment