Well, today was a sad follow-up to Super Sad Tuesday. Mitt dropped out of the race for President. I told Lindy he took the high road by removing himself from all the lying and cheating that McCain and Huckabee were engaging in. This way he can be the statesman and they can make fools of themselves with their antics, such as McCain getting counsel on how to appear "more conservative." It's turning into a joke, so I'm glad Mitt got himself out of it. I was listening to Glenn Beck on the way home from AF today and he said he's been trying and trying to figure out what just happened here; how did we end up with John McCain as the Republican nominee? Well, he had finally figured it out and he would explain it scientifically: We fell into a worm hole, and life in the United States is no longer as we have known it. We are in a worm hole where everything is very strange and inexplicable. I think that's a pretty good explanation of what just happened: We fell into a worm hole and find ourselves in a very strange world where things are upside down and hard to figure out. But as Dad said tonight, now we can just stand back and watch with some amusement as things unfold. I received a letter in the mail from the National Republican Senate Committee with their "conservative agenda" questionaire and plea for money. I sent it right back and said "no money," and asked how did they expect to carry out some kind of conservative agenda with John McCain as the nominee? I said he had done nothing but stab conservatives in the back, and this he did while a U.S. Senator, making it difficult for any conservative agenda that they had been trying to carry out in the past. It will only get worse in the future. It felt good to say my piece.
Today was another snowy, cold day--a good day to stay inside and watch Matlock by the fire. Richard and I are both getting colds. I did go out and do some shovelling so we could get the driveway and sidewalk all cleared off--again. Robert Reay came and got some snow from our snow pile to add to his pile in their front yard for a snow fort. I'm ready for the snow to stop.
1 comment:
Too bad about Mitt! I agree--things are spiraling out of control. Maybe it will take 4 years of life with Obama/Bilary/McCain to wake up the American people so that they will realize how great Mitt really is. Sounds like quite the snow for across the street! Remember the Wauvoo temple Tiff built out of snow??? Hope you and Rico get feeling better soon!!
Post a Comment