Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sunday Spaghetti

We had good old regular spaghetti (with Hunt's traditional sauce out of the can) for dinner this evening instead of the MTC spaghetti I tried a few weeks ago. The regular spaghetti went over a lot better with the girls, especially Camden. She really chowed down on hers. I also made some bread with the breadmaker, which turned out pretty good. Our breadmaker has been out of commission since the dough hook broke several months ago; but, thanks to Aunt Barbara who had an extra hook that worked on our breadmaker, we're back in business. After dinner the girls had fun coloring beautiful pictures. Sidney had fun for awhile with Grampa, but then she melted down. Missing her morning nap finally caught up with her.

Today at the MTC, Dad got a new counselor to replace Bro. Bankhead who was released last week. His new second counselor is Bro. Jackman, a former mission president in Peru. He and his wife both speak Spanish, so they should be a great addition to the branch. We said goodbye today to the rest of District A: Elder McDonald, going to Ogden; Elder Peterson, a cowboy from Oakley, Idaho, going to Oklahoma; and Elder Thompson going to California. We also said goodbye to three elders from District B who have only been here three weeks and are on their way to Peru: Elders Egan, Garbett and Woodward. Elder Price, from Champaign, IL, played a very nice violin solo, "I Know that My Redeemer Lives." He was interested to hear that we hava a daughter who goes to school not from from Champaign. He said he had played in some orchestra events at Eastern Illinois University.

Pres. Taylor asked me to play the piano today since it's been a little if-y with Elder Collins at the piano for the past several weeks. I was able to practice for a few days beforehand, so I got along pretty well. Except for the Sacrament hymn which is in 3/4 time and Elder Urritia was leading it in 4/4 time. It seemed a little off all the way through. After the meeting, Elder Collins said, "You play the piano way better than I do." I hope he didn't feel bad. Maybe in this new group of missionaries coming on Wednesday there will be a real piano player. Let's hope so.

No comments: