Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Making Reservations

I got some Nauvoo reservations made today--no easy task! I hadn't realized how filled up everything would be. But I was able to get us accommodations for three days, at least. I couldn't get the June 5-8 (four nights), so I had to settle for June 5-7 (three nights) at Motel Nauvoo. That seemed to be the best way to go because they could put cribs in two rooms (one with one queen, and one with two queens) for the Agates and Barretts. Then Dad, Tiff and I could have a two-queen room, and Rich can have his own full-bed room. Plus, this way we can all have our own bathrooms. Karalie had me reserve her a queen room, as well. Then I was able to reserve the garden at the Ellis Sanders house for the wedding luncheon. So things are starting to come together.

I finally made it to Curves today. Maybe now I can get back on my schedule.

Tonight at the MTC, Elder and Sis. D. Todd Christofferson spoke. It was nice to hear from them. (They're Kevin and Wendy's next door neighbors.) Sis. Christofferson spoke about having an "attitude of gratitude." For example, being able to be thankful for something like fleas, as Corrie Tenboom was in a German concentration camp. She also told about Jack Rushton, who became a quadraplegic after an accident. He said, "Pain is inevitable, but misery is optional." He also said, "We have the ultimate God-given freedom to choose our own attitude." Elder Christofferson spoke about the Book of Mormon, as did Elder Callister last week. Elder Christofferson said the Book of Mormon is the "sickle" spoken of in D&C Section 4. It is "the tool the Lord has given for the harvesting of souls." He said that if there was anything he would do differently as a missionary, it would have been to devote more time to the Book of Mormon. He said he regrets that on his mission he had been able to adquately answer the questions of a young man because he wasn't familiar enough with the Book of Mormon. "You've got to know this book well, then you can respond to any question." He concluded with President Hinckley's promise to those who prayerfully read the Book of Mormon: "...there will come into your hearts...the spirit of the Lord. There will come a strengthened resolution to walk in obedience to his commandments, and there will come a stronger testimony of the living reality of the Son of God." (Ensign, June 1988, p. 6 -or- Preach My Gospel, p. 108)

1 comment:

Ranger Tiff said...

Hi Mom! I love the new look of your blog! Very cool :-)