I have to comment about the weather again. It is a most spectacular fall day today! It's nice and sunny, the air is cool and crisp, the leaves are still pretty. I can't believe the days we've been having. I wonder how long this gorgeous weather will last. I enjoyed my walk over at the track--the weather was perfect for a nice fall walk. Maybe it is trying to make up for the days now being shorter.
Today is election day. Steven voted on his way to work and Richard and I just got back from voting a little while ago. We hope that all the scare tactics of the opposition against school vouchers didn't derail Referendum One. Yesterday morning when I heard Bill Clinton on his trip to Utah on Sunday telling the people to vote against vouchers because a vote for vouchers would be a vote to take money away from the poor and give it to the rich, that clinched it for me. I thought if I were a fence sitter wondering how to vote, that would make my mind up fast. I hope that more people, like me, would think, "If Bill Clinton's against it, then I'm for it!" We'll just have to wait and see what happens. To think our own governor is for it and Bill Clinton's against it, and it very well may go the way of Bill Clinton.
I'm finishing up a little laundry then will head over to AF with Richard. Then it's off to the MTC to meet Steven for dinner and the devotional. I wonder who will be speaking.
No comments:
Post a Comment