Sunday, November 11, 2007

Roast Beef and Chow Chow

For Sunday dinner this evening we had crockpot roast beef with potatoes, carrots and onions, topped off with some chow chow from Cracker Barrel. I saw that in the fridge the other day and thought it would taste good with a nice roast and veggies, and it did. Camden and Riley "chowed" right down on their dinners tonight. Sidney has developed a new personality in the last week. All of a sudden, she is really jabbering and telling everyone what she thinks about everything. It's funny to listen to her. When Nate left to go to a fireside, she kept waving and saying 'bye.' Then when Steven and Richard left for stake priesthood meeting, she did the same thing. After the boys left, then we girls had a "girls party" as Camden and Riley called it. They colored, read books, and played Barbies. Sidney was right in the middle of everything. Then I played the piano and the girls danced. So that was a pretty good party, I'd say.

This morning I went to RS at the MTC. Sis. Vickie Matsumori, counselor in the Primary general presidency, was the speaker. She is a sister-in-law to one of my old AWS friends at BYU, Shirley Matsumori. (Don't you just love all my acronyms?) She spoke to the sisters about involving the children when teaching families. That's the same thing Sis. Lant mentioned in her devotional talk a couple of weeks ago. After RS, I attended the new sisters' meeting with the four new sisters in the branch, as well as Sis. Perry and Sis. Tupo. After that, I went with Steven to district meeting for District C. They're leaving for El Salvado tomorrow. I was visiting with the elders for a few minutes before Steven came in, and they were expressing a few fears. I kind of laughed and said, "Don't worry, we haven't lost a missionary yet." They kind of laughed, too, but then one of them said, "She said yet." Steven gave them a good lesson about the three things the prophet Zenos taught that they need to do to be good missionaries: (1) Work diligently, (2) Work with the Lord [through the Holy Ghost], and (3) Be obedient. (That's from Jacob 5:70-75.) After district meeting, we had lunch in the cafeteria with Steven's first counselor, Bro. Ahlander, and some of the missionaries, then it was time for sacrament meeting. Elder Lewis and Sis. Huffaker were the missionary speakers. Bro. Bankhead was the branch presidency speaker. Sister Bankhead is still recovering from her surgery. All in all, it was a nice time at the MTC.

No comments: