We had fun at our Sunday dinner yesterday. Lindy and the girls came without Nate because he was still doing finances at the Church. We had lasagna (from frozen), peas, bread, and chocolate chip cookies. I had planned to cook some pork chops, since that's what I thought I had bought at the store, but when I got them out to put in the crock pot, they were petite steaks! Those are best done on the grill, so we'll save them for a later date. I wondered, what will I fix? Then I remembered we had a family-size frozen lasagna in the freezer, so I baked that after I got back from the MTC. When the little girls sat up to eat dinner, Riley said: "Grandma, I LOVE this dinner." And she proceeded to gobble up her dinner. Camden said: "On the way over, Riley said, 'Grandma makes the best spaghetti. I hope we have spaghetti.' But lasagna is good, too." So they all chowed down on their lasagna. Sidney loved the peas. Riley also had fun seeing who could finish their dinner first and she would announce each person as they finished. She and Richard were in a race for last place and she finished a few peas before Richard. While Riley was eating her dinner, she said (as part of the dinner conversation), "When you're singing a song and don't know the words, you just himmmmmm. Like this: hmmmmmmmm." It was very funny. Then we topped dinner off with chocolate chip cookies (Pillsbury refrigerated. The girls love those fresh baked.). So I guess we could say that Sunday dinner was a success. Afterwards, the girls had fun drawing pictures, playing with fridge magnets, and talking to Auntie Tiff on the phone. I've had these cute little pictures on the fridge of all four granddaughters that Camden drew awhile ago. Last night she drew a new and improved version of herself, with longer, more glamorous hair.
The news from Church yesterday is that Lisa Arrington Radulovich made it into the Tabernacle Choir. So we can watch for her now to be singing in the Choir. Also, Sis. Kuehne gave the R.S. lesson from the Pres. Kimball manual on having a happy, successful marriage. It's on p. 189 of the manual and would be a good one to read. I was sitting next to Victoria Wixom and told her that Sis. Kuehne really should be a stand-up comedian. She is SO funny. She was talking about how you need to have the right recipe for a happy marriage and what happens if you don't follow the recipe. She told about the time she tried to make Jil Abegg's peach cobbler and she didn't follow the recipe. It was pretty funny. Then Jil said it was her fault because she hadn't given Carolyn the right ingredients in the first place.
Steven and I had a nice time at the MTC with the missionaries. Five of the new missionaries who came last week stood up to give their testimonies Spanish, and we thought that was quite brave of them. It was good to be back at the branch singing in Spanish. Last week when I was at Sacrament meeting in St. George with Kevin, I thought something seemed weird as I was singing the opening hymn. Then I realized it was because I was singing in English and could actually understand what I was singing!
I just got back from VTing Fay Butterfield. She is leaving for California on Wednesday to help take care of her granddaughter who was in a bad accident and is in a coma. She said her granddaughter seems to be responding to stimuli so they feel like that is good news. Fay is hurrying to finish her fourth king-size hand-pieced quilt that she has done for this year's Festival of the Trees. She is quite the go-getter. Well, I think I'll head over to Curves to get a good start on a new week. This afternoon, Steven and I plan to go to the hospital to visit Sis. Bankhead, wife of one of his counselors, who just had surgery and found out she has cancer. So we are remembering her in our prayers as well as Fay's granddaughter.
No comments:
Post a Comment