Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Twenty-two New Elders

Tonight Steven is at the MTC welcoming 22 new elders into Branch Four. The most new missionaries that have come into the branch at one time has been twelve. This week the number of missionaries coming into the MTC was more than doubled since none will be coming in next week because of Thanksgiving. So there were 700 missionaries arriving at the MTC today, with 22 of those coming into our branch. Steven was hoping that he and his counselors would be able to get them all oriented and interviewed tonight. I'll be interested to find out how everything went.

My VTs (Sue Jane McQueen and Alison Butterfield) came VTing this morning, and we had a nice visit. Then this afternoon I went to visit Debbie Runnells before going to Curves. I'm going visiting by myself this month because Lisa Murdock is tied up working at her husband's dental office. Hopefully, next month things will be back to normal; but Lisa still has to worry about Miranda's wedding next month. Sandra Stephan was nice enough to go to Debbie's and Kelli Johnson's with me last month. Tomorrow I'm scheduled to visit Kelli Johnson at 8:15 and then go get my hair done at 9:00. We don't usually go in shifts like this; but if it works this way this month, I'll do it.

I'm having things my way this evening since Steven is at the MTC and Richard is at work. I'm getting some laundry done plus other miscellaneous things that have been stacking up. I'll take off for AF in a little while to pick Richard up. After I dropped him off today, I stopped by the Barretts to catch Lindy up on our continuing saga with Heritage Makers. Camden and Riley were having fun playing on the computer with Nate. Sidney showed me how she is learning to "scoot-scoot" down the stairs. Then, while I was telling Lindy all the Heritage Makers stuff, Sidney was talking talking in a somewhat serious tone, mimicking how I was talking, telling us all about it. She is so funny.

No comments: